Thursday, October 20, 2005

'Yaunt Zied'

"No matter where you are today, God will call you to go to the "other side.". . . Jesus will bring you into the lives of needy, wounded people. No matter how different they are from you . . . they are part of the reason Jesus put you in this world." (Jim Laffoon)

This week I conversations with 2 different people who are very openly searching spiritually. It's amazing how quickly people (who were complete strangers a month and half ago) open up. I was thinking about this...and I realized how hard it is to keep searching. I mean, just because I've discovered my 'general purpose' for life (To worship God and to bring Him glory in everything that I do)....I'm still searching like anyone else for guidance, inspiration, and for my specific purposes on this earth. I often forget that, and tend to get this unintentional 'I've-got-it-all-together' attitude. I forget that Christianity is more about the journey or the search, than it is about a one time decision. I guess my realization came to me because I realized that if I've stopped searching/seeking after God, I can't even relate or be an encouragement to my friends who are soul searching.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's so true, lori. cool.