Saturday, January 06, 2007

GOh Canada!

Way to go World Junior Hockey team!! 4-2; way to dominate!
we just got our internet/cable connected today...what a funny time. And the cable guy laughed at me on the phone...not with me....AT me! but it's okay....I laughed after I hung up. Thanks to the cable guy for getting us connected to the "people down at the internet"!
School is okay...I feel like I have a mountain of things to do already, but it should be fun! only 3 more semesters! That's what gets me through this!
Yesterday in one of my classes, we were supposed to introduce ourselves to someone we didn't know and tell them why we decided to become a nurse. This caught me offguard. I realized that I've spent most of the last year and a half dwelling on why I think I should (or want to) quit, and I forgot why I wanted to do this in the first place. I've had a few moments during clinical that reminded me of why I want to do this, but I forget them very easily. Why do I want to be a nurse? My childhood answer: "to help people". My last years answer: "because I'm already in the program and I don't know of anything else I want to do". My answer for today: "to make a difference in people's lives." The idea of being a nurse still scares me. It'll be a challenge, and I like a good challenge. I think I need to sleep now...Happy New Year, ya'll!

No comments: