I thought I'd be clever and wait till all (or at least most) of the leaves fell off of my trees before cleaning up my yard. This seemed like a good idea to me especially when I watched my neighbor rake multiple times...it seemed futile to me to be out there raking every other day. But then I felt a little bad because my yard was a bit of an eyesore and the leaves on my yard kept blowing onto the neighbor's yard. One day when I was outside the aforementioned neighbor kindly showed me her new leaf-blower and offered (or more like strongly suggested) that I could borrow it any time! I then decided I probably should clean up the yard. Most of the leaves were gone anyway, so I thought it would be okay. So I mowed up the leaves (which is probably cheating, but it sure beats raking). My dear neighbor lady had already made a pile of leaves for me on the side of my yard that joins with hers. (Very passive-aggressive move on her part.) The next day my lawn had leaves on it again. It's never ending. So, mental note for next year...don't worry about what the neighbors think...and maybe do something extra nice for the neighbor who raked a pile of leaves for me (since she probably hates me by now).
My next project is to get my fish in from the pond and clean out the pond for the winter. I'm not looking forward to that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment