Monday, December 20, 2004

Christmas is almost here....I can smell it!

"It's none of your business who does and does not go to hell. It is your business to be warned by it and to run, not walk, in the opposite direction! It is your business to love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength, to love your neighbor as yourself, to have confidence in Jesus Christ and live as Jesus Christ lived. Let the imagery of hell remind you that life is serious business, that there are real consequences to how we live and believe, that justice and injustice ultimately matter more than most of what people worry about. Now stop speculating about hell and start living for heaven!" (taken from 'A New Kind of Christian' by Brian D. McLaren)

I read that last night and I stopped in my tracks. Often we get so caught up in defining the "line" that separates a Christian from a non-Christian, that we lose sight about what salvation really is. It's not about a "line" at all. It's a process, a way of life; living how Jesus lived. He's not saying we shouldn't be concerned about the non-believers around us. I think the point he is trying to make is that instead of sitting around and debating the theology of salvation, we need to go out and live it. THAT is the most effective way of witnessing! I could go on and on about this, but I think you get the idea.

Today our neighbors (here in the city), whom I've never met before, came over and brought us a Christmas card and some cookies! It was so cool! In the card they wrote a scripture verse and everything! I was so excited! (One: because we got cookies! and Two: because they put a Bible verse in the card! What are the chances!) It was funny because in the spot where people usually put "To:...." they wrote, "Sorry, I don't know your names"! It was cute!

I only have one exam left!! I'm so excited to be ALMOST done. It was so hard to be home this last weekend with everyone else coming home and being finished. I just wanted to spend time with everyone, all the time, but I really needed to study. Speaking of studying, I think I need to do a little more before I call it a night.

Only 5 days until Christmas!
(And I've only bought one present so far! Hopefully I'll get it all done!)

No comments: