Sunday, December 05, 2004

the hardest thing

This weekend I did one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life. For over a month now, I knew that I had to confront a friend of mine about a certain issue. I don't remember ever in my whole life having to confront someone. (I remember times when I needed to confront people, but I was too scared and I chickened out. I'm the type of person who runs away from conflicts or pretend they aren't there.) So, after a month of struggling with this, I finally did it. It wasn't actually as bad as I thought it would be. I just hope I didn't wait too long to finally say something. You know, I thought I would feel like a jerk for saying something, but I don't. It's actually quite freeing! I'm sure more issues will come up yet because of this, but hopefully I'll be able to deal with them as they arise. Thanks for those of you who have encouraged me (but did not force me) to do the right thing. I think I knew all along what I was supposed to do, but I had to come to that point on my own where I was finally ready to go through with it.

Did you know that there is only 20 days left until Christmas!!! (and I still haven't started my shopping!) Oh well, Christmas isn't all about gifts anyway. It's about Jesus! What a wonderful season of hope and joy it is! Thank you God for your Son!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

again...
i'm proud of you, i love you and believe in you!