Tuesday, February 15, 2005

the day after

well, i guess i survived another Valentine's Day. jk! I don't think it's that bad. There is something wonderful about the atmosphere of Valentines Day. It seems that people seem to overlook the worst and put it all aside and focus on the love that they have for a person. Why can't we do that every day of the year? (sorry, I promised myself i wouldn't go into my spiel about why i think Valentine's day is pointless.) But there are things that I enjoyed this year. Here are my top 5 hilights of this valentine's day.

5. I worked all evening, so I got to observe many men (and boys) come through my checkout with last minute gifts, flowers, chocolate, strawberries and whipped cream, heart-shaped cakes and cards ;) After seeing some people's purchases, I had to laugh.
4. I had some cute old men wish me a happy valentine's day. That made me happy!!
3. My friend Steve from the Produce Dept gave me a chocolate covered strawberry! That made my day!
2. I had a customer come through my checkout with a heartshaped cake that he was buying for his fiance and he said, "man, this is the worst day of the year. But I guess it could be worse." That was also pretty funny.
1. My mom bought me flowers!! Thanx Mutti you're the best!

so that wraps up another valentine's day. I love you all. and i might even tell you that again in a year if you're nice to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

but...but lori! i haven't seen you in a whole day! i..i-i...i'm going to cry if you don't say you love me! do i really have to be nice??? jk! valentines day was good for me, too :) see you tonight!