This is a picture of the throne room in the Neuschwanstein castle in Germany. It was one of the most beautiful castles that I visited. This room...actually most of the rooms have their own unique story behind them. This castle, built by King Ludwig II (I think), was never finished because the King died before it was completed. (He drowned mysteriously, only a couple of days after he was diagnosed as being insane). The major piece missing in this elaborately decorated room is the actual throne. It never got delivered. The mural, I believe has saints, angels and Jesus pictured. It took my breath away to stand in this room! It was beautiful!Well, I was reading 'Captivating' today during my lunch break, and I was again reminded about the beauty of God and how much he longs for us to enjoy His beauty. He created beautiful things like sunsets, waterfalls, oceans, and stars for us to enjoy and to remind us of His beauty. He has also created us with the ability and the desire to also create beautiful things, like music, paintings, food, stained-glass windows, afgans, clothes, and so many other things. I don't remember if I had a point to this...these are just my current thoughts.
No comments:
Post a Comment