Tuesday, August 24, 2010

the doggy dilemma

Lately, I've been looking into getting a puppy. I would really like a Yorkshire Terrier. I think that they're absolutely adorable. My previous room-mate had a dog. I had never lived with a dog until Paddington came to live with us. At first I was annoyed and yelled at him a lot because he was very jumpy and craved attention. You see, he was used to living with 4 active children and their parents, before moving in with us. I'm sure he missed those kids and all the attention that they gave him. But he kinda grew on me and he started hanging around me a little more when my room-mate wasn't around. (I still did yell at him from time to time, but sometimes dogs are mischievous and need to be kept in line.) After Paddington left, I realized that I missed having him around. Don't get me wrong...I don't miss the jumping, but I really do like dogs. So, I decided that I should get one. I'm a little apprehensive because I know it will be a lot of work, but I think it will be fun and worth it. Or at least I hope it will be. I'm also concerned about leaving him alone when I go to work...but I suppose other people do it and their dogs are okay. My co-workers tell me I should get a cat instead because they're not as much work...or maybe I should just get one of each! ;)

2 comments:

Holly said...

AND NOW YOU HAVE ONE!!! a dog that is :)e

Holly said...

also, how cute is your blog??