this weekend was a very uplifting weekend for me. We had an amazing speaker in church. and I was once again inspired to be a missionary nurse. I know that "you don't need to go oversea's to be a missionary." At the same time, somebody has go out there and meet the needs of people around the world and tell them about the Good News. When I think about the possibility of using my profession as a way to directly show God's love to people, it makes me super excited! At the same time, I think about the time it will take to get me to that point, and I get discouraged. I just want to go now. I guess the journey is just as important as the destination...isn't there a saying like that? (I probably said it all wrong, though.)
My final thoughts for the day: Life is full of ironic twists and turns. I love it how God just throws random things in our lives when we least expect it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i know what you mean! someone has to do it, why am i here taking 4 more years of school - why don't i just leave now!!???! i understand. alas, learning about thinks like zygospores and myxomycota apparently will help me get there...?!
that's awsome that you want to be a missionary nurse. i was talking to my roomate yesterday about that, bc she's in nursing and apparently after your 2nd year in the faculty you can be a camp nurse. i know it's not a huge far away nursing thing, but i thought it was really cool.
wow! a camp nurse! i've always wanted to do that! i'm so excited for ALL the possibilities, even if they aren't far away. close to home is good!
Post a Comment