Monday, March 21, 2005

I can strum!

I had such a great weekend! We went to watch the Prov vs. CMU ladies hockey game. I wanted to play so badly!! But it was fun to be on the other side of things too, and cheer the ladies on! Then we practiced for singing in church! Wow do my fingers have good calluses now! Derek is such an amazing guitar player! And Melissa is so amazing at the piano! They inspire me. I want to be able to play like them! Derek taught me some new strumming patterns! I just need to practice, practice, practice, and then I'm set to go!

On Sunday I went to an amazing church service! I went to a church I had never been to before and I really enjoyed it! I felt so excited to be worshipping Jesus together with so many other people even though I didn't know them.

Today my mom came and visited me. I love my mom! She brought me supper and then did the dishes for me. I told her not to do them, but she did it anyways. I felt bad because she didn't have to do my work for me. I think that her love language is service, so I should just accept her kind gesture because that is her way of showing me that she cares. I still don't know what my love language is. Maybe it's spending time with people.....I don't really know. I think that I figured it out last year, but I forgot already. I'll have to think about it some more.

2 comments:

Cherise said...

i think your gift is making ppl smile and laugh. for some reason when you're around i've noticed ppl giggle more. ok so it may not be an actual "love language", but i think it's awsome. when your a nurse you'll bless a great many sick ppl with you smile and giggle! thanx for always making my days happier!!

Anonymous said...

amen to that! oh the giggles we have...;) it was a good weekend, wasn't it? and i love my church of the rock, thanks for joining us!