So I was bowling today with 'my' seniors. Often we listen to music when we bowl, today we were listening to the Sound of Music soundtrack. I had forgotten how much I love that movie. I haven't seen it in a long time...oh for school to be done so that I can sit down and relax without feeling guilty about not doing the work I know I should be doing....Well, I was sitting here trying to write a paper and I had the "favorite things" song in my head. To get my creative juices flowing I decided to write my own verse to the tune of that song....you're right, I was just procrastinating, but maybe this will improve my linguistic excellence for my paper. (Sorry that it doesn't rhyme, I'm not that good.)
Chicken in stirfry
And bowling with seniors.
Stories from roommates
And German Professors
Taking a walk without
Wearing a toque
These are a few of my favorite things
When the wind bites,
When the (home)work's tough,
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i wasn't a favorite thing *sad face* i love that song too! ooh, picture this: "fraulein maria is back from the abbey!" -frederick
i can hear you laughing and i can see your "buck-tooth" smile :)
you're right! i am stilling laughing out loud...when i'm not imitating fredick's buck-toothed grin! oh marce you make me laugh. maybe i'll have to write another verse...because you are definately one of my favorite things!
Post a Comment