Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Excuses

I read this passage yesterday and I felt like it was me talking to God...you'll probably be able to guess why.

Moses said to the LORD, "Oh Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue." The LORD said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say." (Exodus 4:10-12).

Keep in mind that God had just shown Moses the miracle of the rod turning into the snake and had just turned his hand to being full of leprousy to being healed again. I thought, how could Moses keep making excuses, that's ridiculous....then I realized that I am the exact same way...I say: "I'm too shy"; "I'm scared of teenagers"; "I'm scared of adults"; "I don't like to take charge or initiate things"...and on and on....For some odd reason I don't find it ridiculous when I make excuses....It's a hard lesson to learn...and I think it will be even harder to apply to my life...but I'll try.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Ouch, I hate learning things like that, it hurts, I'll be praying.