Monday, November 08, 2004

Confusion

I'm at the point where I don't know what to do. I ask for advice, one person tells me one thing, another tells me something totally opposite. But when it really comes down to it, it's my decision. I'm the one who has to live the rest of my life with the consequences of my own actions. Sometimes I stress about decisions so much that I get physically ill, especially when I know that a decision I make is going to hurt a person. I'm a people-pleaser; I hate hurting people. Sometimes you have to make a decision that will hurt a person a little bit, to save them from something bigger. It's a risk you take. Sometimes I want to run away to a place where friendships aren't so complicated. I feel like a jerk for doing nothing, and just letting things happen, and letting people assume things that they shouldn't. I guess I'm not responsible for what other people think and feel. But I am responsible for how I act towards them, especially if I know how it will affect them. But I don't know how it will affect them, I can only speculate. I feel like this thing is all my fault. I feel like it's going out of control and I can't stop it. Would a true friend give up a friendship if he/she thought it was best for the other person? I mean, Spiderman gave up his dreams and his true love to be Spiderman. He did that for her sake, even though he loved her....But that was an entirely different situation altogether....For one thing, I don't have a true love. I just have my mind on Spiderman because I went to go see it (Spiderman 2, that is) this evening at the IMAX! It's super good!
Anyways...Now that everyone is thoroughly confused (myself included) I will bid you all goodnight and sweet dreams! Dream of wonderful things like of "some beach somewhere..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh lori-lu. i love you. decisions are hard. and harder because you wish you didn't have to make it, because you didn't create the situation. i did pray for you all day yesterday. i hope your mind isn't going too crazy on you. the comparison to spiderman amused me, though :) who knows. i'm not the most experienced one to give you advice, so i'll just keep praying for divine revelation. and i'm serious about that. God, give lori wisdom and discernment. may her ears be open to your words, thoughts and peace. protect her. amen!
i wish i could see you this week, but i'll be super busy getting homework done before i leave for alberta, and then i'll leave for alberta!
love you!