Thursday, November 11, 2004

A Time to Remember

Today is Rememberance Day. As I was thinking about that, I realized how ignorant I am about things like that. I have never been to a Rememberance Day service (besides the assemblies we have at school, which don't really count because they are manditory). I'm not very knowledgeable in the history department either, so I know that I risk sounding very stupid and ignorant as I write this entry. I'm just mulling over the thoughts in my head, so they may be far off. I don't know. I have seen war movies, and documentaries about war, but they've all been made in America. They talk about "fighting for your country" but have Canadians ever had to take a stand and fight for our country? We've never had a civil war, we've never seperated from our mother country. Sure, we've helped in the World Wars, but that wasn't for the benefit of our country, was it? As I said, I'm very ignorant when it comes to things like this. I should do some research on it.

On a lighter note, I had the funniest class yesterday! We got to the section in Anatomy about the Reproduction system. My professor was making sex jokes, left and right. Oh, it was funny! It's one of those topics where you just have to make jokes to lighten the mood. I would tell you some of the funny things, but I don't think they'd be as funny if I typed them.

Yesterday Kendra and Danielle and I went shopping! It was fun! We saw Jen at her work!!!! That was fun too. I bought some knee socks that I'm going to wear with my skirts for the rest of November. You see, with 'No-shave-ember' I'm thinking that I'll need something thicker than stockings to wear with skirts. I'm sure you all wanted to know that. Well, I'm using Keny's computer (cuz mine doesn't work...GRRR) so maybe I should let her use it now.

No comments: