Thursday, July 14, 2005

I love Tintin!

Lately I've had a craving...if you can call it that...to read Tintin books! I remember countless hours as a kid reading those! Great times! Those books remind me of Holly...I think she introduced me to Tintin.

I've been learning so much about myself lately (while reading 'Captivating'...great book!). I like to analyze myself...why I am the way I am. I never thought about the bigger picture and the fact that I could be a certain way because of what happened even before I was a thought. It's all about going back to Adam and Eve in the Garden. They set the stage for all of human kind. Our core desires as men and women are the same and they drive who we are. Okay...so when it's spelled out like that it seems so basic and obvious...but it's quite crazy to think about...and another thing....As a woman, I have been created in the image of God's beauty! That's so overwhlemingly amazing to think about.

I was just listening to the Newsboys song 'He Reigns'...I love that song! Anyways...I love this part:
"All God's people singing 'Glory, glory, Halleluiah, He Reigns!' And all the powers of darkness tremble at what they've just heard. Because all the powers of darkness can't drown out a single word!"
There is so much power in getting together as the Body and worshipping our Saviour!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! i love that line. and simple is so profound (i was trying to explain it to my brother, how profound i was....he didnt' get it!!;)

Holly said...

thanks lori, i feel special. and i LOVE tintin!